Whether you’re an event organizer, a frequent dinner party host, or just someone who wants to be prepared in case unexpected guests arrive, you will find that folding chairs are a necessary item to have around. Folding chairs are the best and probably the only temporary seating option you can find.
These are cheap, handy, easy to use, and so much more, especially when you know what to look for when searching for the best set of folding chairs to buy.
Here are key details to look at when shopping around for the best folding chairs online:
Different Comfort Levels
The level of comfort offered by a folding chair depends on the type of material used to make the majority of the foldable chair. Currently, in the market, the most common materials used are plastic, metal, wooden, and mesh.
There are some variations between the frame material and even the padding that all contribute to how comfortable and how light the folding chairs are.
Here are the different folding chair types and the level of comfort and how light in weight they are:
Plastic Folding Chairs
Plastic Folding Chairs are the cheapest and most commonly used temporary chairs for many occasions. They are very durable, versatile, and hold well against a lot of weight and pressure.They are also very easy to clean and are fairly lightweight that they are easily transported, stacked, and stored until needed.
The downside to most plastic chairs is their comfort level. Without extra padding added to the seats and backrest, plastic folding chairs aren’t very comfortable at all. These types of chairs are best for practical and economic reasons, but hardly for comfort.
Metal Folding Chairs
Metal Folding Chairs are also affordable, but they aren’t as common or as popular as plastic chairs because they are a little heavier, a little harder to maintain, and also not very comfortable without added cushioning.
However, folding chairs with metal frames are a little more durable and hold more weight than the plastic variety, which is why some people prefer metal folding chairs over plastic. They are also easy to clean and transport but are prone to rust when not properly cared for. Keep that in mind before choosing metal over plastic.
Wooden Folding Chairs
Wooden Folding Chairs are the least popular type of temporary seating because they are very bulky, heavy, expensive, and require a lot of care and maintenance. These chairs are not in any way waterproof or water-resistant as the first two, but they rank a little higher on the comfort scale, even without fabric or vinyl padding.
The most common reason why people choose wooden folding chairs is that of aesthetics. They are very classy looking and are the best type of temporary seating for formal events like weddings.
Wooden folding chairs are also notably a lot more durable and stable compared to the other types of folding chairs in the market.
Mesh Folding Chairs
Mesh Folding Chairs are technically a combination of plastic and metal components but deserve a category of their own. These folding chairs are considered as the most comfortable and also lightweight depending on the frame material used.
The reason why they are comfortable even without any form of padding is the material used on the seat and the way the seat is designed. Most mesh folding chairs are designed with holes in the seats for better air circulation and added comfort.
Another reason why mesh folding chairs are very popular even if they are significantly more expensive is the way the material contours the body when seated. The mesh material has the ability to morph into the specific shape of the person sitting which adds to the comfort.
For the most practical temporary seating option, plastic folding chairs are your choice with metal as a close second. They are cheap, durable enough, very lightweight, and you can use them for both indoor and outdoor settings without any problem.
Take note though that these chairs aren’t the best for occasions where guests are required to sit still for more than a couple of hours. Plus, you may need to invest in some padding to increase the comfort level when using either metal or plastic folding chairs.
If you’re simply going for looks, the wooden folding chair is the best for you. It is more comfortable than the first two options, but it is bulky, heavy, and more expensive.
For those who want to go all out and possibly use folding chairs as permanent seating at home can look into mesh folding chairs. They are very durable, comfortable, lightweight, and easy to store. If you’re planning to buy just a set or two for home use, mesh folding chairs are definitely the right choice.
|Cosco Resin 4-Pack Folding Chairs with Molded Seat and Back||$$||4.3/5|
|HERCULES Series 800-Pound Capacity Premium Plastic Folding Chair||$||4.5/5|
|Flex One 4-Pack Black Folding Chair||$$$||4.6/5|
|Best Choice Products Commercial White Plastic Folding Chairs||$$||4.7/5|
|Lifetime White Granite Folding Chairs||$$$||4.7/5|
|Winsome Wood Folding Chairs, Natural Finish||$$||4.4/5|
|Meco 4-Pack Deluxe Fabric Padded Folding Chair||$$||4.3/5|
|Giantex Set of 6 Folding Chairs Fabric Upholstered Padded Seat Metal Frame||$$$||4.5/5|
|American Champion Bamboo Folding Chair||$||4.3/5|
|Yi Hai Furniture Thick Padded Metal Folding Chair||$$||4.1/5|
Top 5 Recommended Folding Chairs
After reading through the different types of chairs and what they offer you, you’re now ready to look into the details of folding chairs.To get your search started, here are some of the best folding chair choices you will find:
Cosco Resin 4-Pack Folding Chairs with Molded Seat and Back
Everyone has attended an event where folding chairs were the choice of seating. This is mainly because folding chairs are handy, portable, and convenient as temporary seating choice and they have been since they were mass-produced back in the late 1950’s by the Frederic Arnold Company in Brooklyn.
Back then folding chairs were exclusively made with aluminum, today there are now chairs made with all kinds of materials to make it more durable and user-friendly.
One such folding chair type that has greatly changed since the 50’s is the Cosco Resin 4-Pack Folding Chairs with Molded Seat and Back. Here’s all you need to know about this set of temporary chairs:
- Conveniently folds flat for compact storage
- Power-coated finish steel frame adds durability
- Non-marring tips for floor protection
- Plastic material
- Sturdy and lightweight
- No hassle and no maintenance required
- Great for indoor and outdoor use
- Solid construction and design
- High-quality product
- Lasts years
- Time, money, and space saving
- Back rest and seat molded with resin for comfort
- Strong and sturdy
- Accommodates people of most weights and sizes
- Takes a lot of pressure to bend or break
- Lightweight yet durable
- Compact and easy to store away
- No fuss during clean up
- Easy to clean
- Versatile and well-designed
- Comes in a set of 4
- Very affordable
- Do not look cheap
- Resin back allows for a more comfortable and relaxed seated position
- Not good for everyday use
- Not suggested for permanent seating at home
- Wears and tears a lot with constant use
- Causes discomfort when used daily
- To be used only as extra and temporary seating
Reliable, easy to use, easy to store, and affordable, the Cosco Resin 4-Pack Folding Chairs with Molded Seat and Back are a great option for folding chairs for your next celebration at home.
HERCULES Series 800-Pound Capacity Premium Plastic Folding Chair
Just because you don’t have a large enough dining table at home doesn’t mean you shouldn’t invite friends and family members over for holidays and other special occasions. Playing host during the holidays is fun if you’re up for the task, but it is also stressful trying to get everyone to fit into your home.
Add the fact that you don’t have enough chairs for everyone, and that spells disaster.You can look into renting extra chairs for the occasion, but sometimes that isn’t practical and it is also costly.
As a ready and convenient option, you can always turn to getting a set of folding chairs like the HERCULES Series 800-Pound Capacity Premium Plastic Folding Chair. Learn more about this temporary seating option here:
- Plastic frame, seat, and back
- Holds up to 800 pounds
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to clean and store
- Practical for outdoor events
- Safe and comfortable
- Drain holes allow quick drying
- Stacks up easily
- Easy to transport when needed
- Amazing weight threshold
- Added reinforcements on design
- No fear of collapsing or accidents
- Folds up into a compact, easy to store away size
- Withstands outdoor conditions
- Strategically placed holes allow for quick drying and cleaning
- Perfect as a shower chair
- Reliable and affordable
- Lightweight makes for easy transport and stacking
- Not meant for daily use
- Only good as temporary extra chair
- Wears and tears easily when used regularly
- May give in under pressure and heavy weight
- Creaking indicates the chair is about to collapse
When it comes to a handy, reliable, and affordable outdoor folding chair the HERCULES Series 800-Pound Capacity Premium Plastic Folding Chair is a great choice. Even with just a little care and cleaning these chairs can last a long time!
Flex One 4-Pack Black Folding Chair
Back in the day folding chairs were only reserved for big gatherings and events. Today more and more homeowners have started to keep a few folding chairs in storage in case they need to grab a few when people come over for dinner or to celebrate an occasion.
Entertaining a crowd doesn’t always mean you have to pay extra to rent chairs only to return them at the end of the day. Folding chairs are a great option for people who love inviting friends over for dinner, but don’t have the luxury of space or a large dinner table.
If you want to be ready at all times in case people come over this review will tell you all you need to know about the Flex One 4-Pack Black Folding Chair before you decide to purchase a set.
- 1,000-pound weight capacity
- Made with mesh plastic material
- 10-year warranty
- Contours to body shape
- Extra wide seating for all sizes
- No assembly needed
- Fairly priced
- USA made product
- Uses high-quality materials like impact resistant polypropylene
- Durable and great for commercial use
- Minimized pressure point impact
- Comfortable with an ergonomic design
- Unique plastic pattern
- Great for indoor and outdoor use
- Comfortable and safe to use
- Sturdy and durable
- One size fits all
- High-quality product made with high-quality materials
- Resistant to extreme weight and pressure
- Holds well against constant wearing and tearing
- Mesh material adds strength and comfort
- Wider seat accommodates everyone of any size
- No discomfort when used, even during warm weather
- Lightweight and easy to store
- Fairly priced
- Easy to stack and transport
- Perfect for home and commercial use
- 10-year warranty proves quality and trust in product
- Not ideal for permanent seating
- Wears and tears fast when used daily
- Constant use result in quick deterioration
The Flex One 4-Pack Black Folding Chair is sturdy, reliable, and made in the USA. It is consistently ranked as one of the best and most comfortable folding chairs on the market, meaning it definitely is worth checking out.
Best Choice Products Commercial White Plastic Folding Chairs
Big events like weddings require extra attention to detail even for the smallest of things. An experienced event planner knows how to find the things the soon-to-be married couple needs during their big day for less the price.
One aspect of the event that you can help with is through the renting of temporary seats. It may seem like a big investment to make, but having your own folding chairs for rent saves you a lot of trouble and your clients a lot of money.
Get more recommendations by providing the best services you are able to, which may include having more than a dozen sets of folding chairs. Look into expanding your business with the Best Choice Products Commercial White Plastic Folding Chairs.Here’s all you need to know about them:
- Durable steel frame
- Built to last for years
- Other parts use high-quality plastic
- Easy to clean
- Withstands up to 250 pounds
- No assembly required
- Convenient for commercial and personal use
- Fold and unlock in an upright position
- Very impressive
- Proven to hold more than 250 pounds
- High-quality and well-designed steel frames
- Complete and reliable support
- Does not look cheap
- Goes well with most themes and settings
- Easy to fold, stack up, and store
- Does not take up a lot of space
- Used by many venues and professional event planners
- Convenient for home use as well
- Affordable and easy to clean extra chairs
- Sturdy, reliable, and practical
- Not very comfortable
- Plastic material means less durability
- Susceptible to cracking and breakage with daily use
- Not recommended for regular use by heavyset people
- Hinges snag and catch fingers which result in injuries
- Not child-friendly
Having a couple of Best Choice Products Commercial White Plastic Folding Chairs at home is a great and practical idea. They are affordable, reliable, and conveniently within reach on a moment’s notice.
Lifetime White Granite Folding Chairs
Having a few extra chairs around is always a good idea especially if you like hosting parties or just inviting friends and family to dine together. During small-scale celebrations like family gatherings, it is excessive to rent chairs for the night.
At the same time, you cannot allow your guests to not have seats during the party. The best solution is to get a set or two of handy and convenient folding chairs.
Folding chairs like the Lifetime White Granite Folding Chairs are definitely an asset to all homeowners who love to play host during holidays and other special occasions. Learn more about these folding chairs to see what they offer you and how they will change the way to entertain guests here:
- Durable, supported by a steel frame
- Above average strength
- Wider seat for extra comfort
- Tall back for extra support
- Made with high-impact and resistant polyethylene
- All weather finish coating
- Easy to clean and stain resistant
- Contoured seat for added comfort
- Stable and strong
- High Strength Low Alloy (HSLA) power-coated
- Easy to store and stack
- Good for indoor and outdoor events
- Caps on feet prevent floor marring and damage
- Cross brace insert tubing for better support and durability
- Manufactured by Lifetime, a well-known and trusted company
- Reliable folding chair
- Superior construction and design
- Holds well to 300 pounds of weight
- 500-pound weight limit
- Ingenious use of design and tubing
- Uses only high-quality materials
- Worth every penny
- Supportive, even with regular use
- Easily folds for storage
- Easy to maintain and transport
- Perfect for outdoor barbecues
- Dries easily to avoid rusting
- Does not cause damage on any floor surfaces
- More expensive
- Folds in when weight isn’t properly distributed during use
- Not suitable for standing or jumping on
- Not great for formal gatherings
- Best for casual occasions only
Lifetime White Granite Folding Chairs are the set you want to have when you like hosting backyard parties. They are worth the money you pay because they are well-constructed and last years even with constant use.They are the best choice for extra temporary chairs for both indoor and outdoor casual occasions.
When it comes to the best folding chairs set, the choice is up to you whether you prefer plastic, metal, wooden, or mesh. To choose the right set, consider what the uses of the chairs are to ensure you get the best one that caters to your needs.
Always keep in mind that folding chairs are only temporary extra chairs and are not meant for permanent furniture, this way you know what to expect when you purchase a set.